Our mission is to Help You
Unlock your potential through further education. Never stop learning because education is the key to success in life.
Because together…. We can move you in a new direction.
Join us now!
This Mission Statement is the principal driver and focus of Elite Colleges business model
Elite Colleges was established in Ballina CBD in 2014 with a new office opened at 224 River Street by Federal member Kevin Hogan on September 26th.
The vision of the company Chief Executive Officer (CEO) was to develop a new business unit specialising in trade and business development courses.
Frank McWilliams was appointed as CEO of Elite Colleges supported by a team consisting of course, career, SEO, web and graphic design specialists to develop the Elite Colleges business framework with operations set to commence in the first quarter of 2015.
Elite Colleges CEO– Frank McWilliams
Frank is an experienced entrepreneur and past business owner and more recently was the NSW manager for an energy company achieving multi-million dollars sales during his four year tenure.
His experience covers both national and international sales, marketing and business consulting in manufacturing, sales and distribution of high-end apparel and sporting equipment.
In 2001 Frank accepted a federal award for business enterprises employing up to 50 employees on behalf of BSA Pty Ltd in his role as CEO and equity holder. In 2002 Frank was personally awarded the Australian Design Award sponsored by the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney for innovative construction and design in natural fibre composites.
Frank’s motivation and desire to see students of Elite Colleges achieve success through further study and the partnering of the quality educational providers is his driving force.
Elite Colleges Pty Ltd ABN 31 169 743 980 represents, as an agent, a range of Australian accredited training and education providers and is not an education provider in its own right. We are structured to give students who use Elite Colleges details and information of the courses and end qualifications that can be provided by our partner training and education providers. We provide this information in good faith, but without a guarantee in our role as their agents and as part of our service to our students, either by email, via our internet live chat facility, by telephone or in person. We provide all information as a general guide only and each student or potential student is advised that our role requires all information provided to be personally risk assessed – Elite Colleges does not cover professional advice. Please read and accept our Terms of Service this covers the conditions of the relationship between Elite Colleges and its students.
Elite Colleges (Elite) recognises the need for absolute privacy when collecting an individual’s personal information for the purposes of services provision – this applies to students/prospective students and individuals within a training organisation:
As from 12 March 2014, the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) will replace the National Privacy Principles and Information Privacy Principles and will apply to organisations, and Australian Government (and Norfolk Island Government) agencies.
For the latest versions of these Acts visit the ComLaw website: www.comlaw.gov.au.
Elite Colleges and related companies strictly adheres strictly to all the provisions of Australian Privacy Acts and copies are available on request – any personal information we collect will be securely safeguarded under the rules and principles contained within the Act.
In particular personal information of a sensitive nature that is provided to Elite is detailed in this explanatory document.
Personal Information we collect:
Name, address and contact details
Your career aspirations
Your educational and vocational qualifications
This information is collected so we can provide you with the best fit of our services suited and tailored to your individual needs and in particular, we collect your information in order to:
• Complete your enrolment or other study applications with Elite’s education and training clients
• Complete any relevant application or inquiries you have made through Elite
• Complete a detailed assessment of your current vocational status and education with regard to new training/study that may best suit your career goals
• Provide a plan for new vocational training together with a range of information and educational services that offer you the opportunity to improve and upgrade your qualifications and enhanced career opportunities
• Provide details of available financial subsidies and/or support services
• Directly market educational, career and other opportunities to you, including through means of online remarketing, telemarketing and email marketing
• Strive to develop an interactive relationship with you and offer our services to best improve your career opportunities in the future
• Assist you with information from third parties such as providers for the provision of data processing and storage so as to more effectively improve any training you decide to undertake.
We may use your information for compliance purposes and in-house research and analysis enabling us to better understand your needs and meet regulatory requirements.
Collection of your personal information?
Where possible Elite collects your personal information directly from you.
Personal information is generally collected during our contact with you and:
• may be collected verbally in discussions with our employees or agents.
• it may be supplied in writing by you
• and for applications, enrolment applications and details, curriculum vitae or academic records submitted by you either in hard copy or electronically.
We may monitor (record) telephone conversations with you for staff training and compliance purposes. We will inform you prior to any telephone conversation which is monitored (recorded) in this way to obtain your prior approval.
The information will necessarily include your identity, age, gender and current contact details and may include the information contained in your curriculum vitae or job applications relevant to your vocational and educational history, previous employment, training or study details, qualifications or skills you hold and membership of trade or professional associations.
On occasion information concerning you, your work history or qualifications may be provided by third parties such as former employers or educational institutions. Where this occurs we will take all reasonable steps to inform you of that.
In addition some personal information may also be collected by use of “Cookies” when you contact Elite or its associated entities on-line. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit Elite websites. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
• Identifying returning users, and subscribers
• Eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
• Enabling you to move more easily around our website and applications
• Tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
• Building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
• Enabling targeted services and opportunities to be directly marketed to you based on your browsing history.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time however any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
You can also choose whether you wish us to collect cookie information for these purposes using the settings in your browser, as further explained at http://www.cookiecentral.com and at www.cookiecentral.com/faq
In all cases you agree that provision by you to us of personal information, including sensitive information, constitutes consent to our collecting, storing, using and disclosing that information for the purposes outlined above and in the ways outlined in this policy.
How Elite uses your information
We use the personal information we collect to provide employment, educational and training services to you. Elite will undertake analysis of your vocational history and qualifications and consider it in the context of available employment and training programs in order to identify and inform you of further training or other vocational opportunities relevant to you.
In doing so, and to enable us to provide you with those services, we will include your personal information in our direct marketing database and client databases.
In order to provide those services or fulfil the purposes identified above, we may also disclose your personal information or part of it to other of our related entities or affiliated third party service providers such as data processors or direct marketing consultants.
We do not and never will sell or provide your details to any other organisations or individuals.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services. By accepting Elite’s terms of service and the terms of this policy and by providing Elite with information or seeking its services, you consent to direct marketing to you of relevant services or opportunities identified by Elite, its related entities or third party service providers dealing with Elite.
If any phone number you have provided to us is registered on the national Do Not Call register you must consent to Elite or its direct marketing providers as being authorised to call that number or numbers.
If you do not want to receive any of this information, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting our privacy officer whose details are set out below.
You can stop the delivery of future promotional material from Elite by following the special instructions in any marketing email you may receive from us.
Once you have told us you no longer wish to receive information about our services, we will not send you any further material. We will keep your basic details in our ‘do not contact’ database so that we do not contact you again.
Does Elite disclose your personal information to anyone?
Elite will disclose your personal information to our related entities and/or certain affiliated third party service providers in certain circumstances. This may include disclosure to:
• Prospective employers
• Educational and vocational training bodies
• Third party service providers such as data processors for the purpose of entering your information into our databases.
Should Elite be subject to a sale or negotiations for sale in which case your personal information may be disclosed and pass into the custody of a purchaser. If this occurs disclosure and transfer will be subject to the same terms of this Policy and the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
Ensuring your personal information is up to date.
Elite relies on the personal information we hold about you to efficiently provide our services so it is essential the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date.
During the course of our relationship please tell us of any changes to your personal information and you can contact us at any time to update your personal information.
Is my personal information secure?
Elite takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We employ a number of means to protect your personal information, including:
• External and internal premises security with only authorised staff and visitor access
• Maintenance of a secure computer network with authorised access only
• Regular testing of software to improve the level of security policies in relation to Elite’s computer system functionality
• Require third parties provide information security of a standard equal to or comparable to that employed by Elite
• Regular review of stored information and permanent deletion of identifiable redundant personal information from our systems
Please note that there are inherent features of internet communications – including e-mail – which are not secure and may involve your communications being routed through a number of servers and different countries. Elite cannot control this and does not guarantee the security of such transmission. Be aware that various encryption methods can be employed to secure that information if you are concerned about it but Elite does not control or particularly recommend any of these and does not warrant their effectiveness.
Elite may use the services of overseas data storage and processing services and may maintain databases outside of Australia.
The countries where your personal information may be sent presently includes the USA and the Philippines. Elite contractually obliges all and any overseas parties to whom it entrusts its data and your personal information to abide by the terms of this Policy and provide secure and discrete information handling and storage which meets the standards required by Australian law.
As noted above, you should also be aware that e-mail services and communication over the internet may involve portions of your personal information being routed through servers located anywhere in the world. This is a technical feature of the function of the internet and e-mail and is not a matter under Elite’s control.
A Commonwealth identifier is a Commonwealth Government or Commonwealth Government agency designated identification number such as your Tax File Number (TFN) or Medicare Customer number.
Elite does not use Commonwealth identifiers as a means of identifying the personal information that we may have collected about you, even if you have supplied that information to us.
Can I access or correct my personal information?
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time during Elite’s business hours Monday to Friday.
Under certain circumstances Elite may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period following the cessation of our relationship –once that specified required time has passed your information is permanently removed and destroyed in accordance with Australian standards.
Concerns or requests for access
Email: [email protected] Mail: Suite 5, 216-234 River Street Ballina NSW 2478 Tel: 1300 30 82 40
Can I complain about a breach of my privacy?
We offer a free internal complaint resolution scheme to all of our customers. Please make contact immediately if you have any issues requiring resolution.
To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process:
1. Prepare the questions you wish to have answered and compile all supporting documents about the matter.
2. Contact the Elite Privacy Officer via the contact details outlined above, where your situation will be reviewed and if possible resolved straight away.
3. If at this stage the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction you will be referred to a senior manager within Elite or the relevant organisation within the Elite group of companies to do everything possible to assist and resolve your matter.
What if I am not satisfied with the response?
You can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
Changes to this Policy
Elite in this document means Elite Colleges Pty Ltd (ABN 31 169 743 980) and its subsidiaries or related businesses.
“Personal information” is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be determined.
“Sensitive Information” is personal information concerning your:
• racial or ethnic origin
• political opinions
• membership of a political association
• religious beliefs or affiliations
• philosophical beliefs
• membership of a professional or trade association
This document may be similar to other Privacy Policies found on the internet and has been prepared principally to inform Elite students and the general public of how Elite collects private information and how it is managed and stored so as to comply with current privacy legislation.
Website Term of Use
We advise that the information contained on this website is of a generalised nature and serves as a guide only and does not form professional advice whatsoever. All information provided by us is at the users own risk at all times.
All care and attention has been taken to provide factual information that is generally available in the public domain and no assertion or warranty is given to all and/or any of the information provided on this website – we make no assertion as to its completeness or suitability to an individual’s circumstances.
Elite Colleges does not warrant or claim that this website, or any linked third party websites to be free of any computer viruses or other associated defects that may occur on all or any internet services. Likewise we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or error free access to our website and such access maybe interrupted due to factors such as (but not limited to) power and/or system failure, maintenance or any other such reasons that may occur from time to time.
As permitted by law and governing the use of internet communications we cannot be held responsible for your or any third party’s losses, liabilities or resultant damages that may subsequently be attributed to:
• All or any losses associated with the availability or otherwise of government or other course funding indicated as being available generally
• All or any advice as to the availability and existence of an education course indicated as available on this website and/or marketed by Elite Colleges
• All or any decisions made relying on information provided on this website
• Any access and use of this website for information and subsequent supply of material and data otherwise supplied to you
• All or any reliance therein or otherwise of any decision made on the basis of materials, data and any other information, omitted or otherwise provided to you via this website
• All or any materials detailed by a third party and accessible from this website
• All or any fault(s) delays or otherwise due to the lack or otherwise of this website
With all or any specific warranty that cannot be excluded by law, we may, have our liability limited, at our option, to the reinstatement or resupply of said service or the repair thereof. Neither party nor parties, that is Elite Colleges or you as the nominated individual will be responsible for any losses or damages whatsoever that may arise.
Elite Colleges holds the ABN 31 169 743 980 and is an Australian business entity based in Ballina, NSW, and is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth and the State of NSW.
As this website is accessible from all jurisdictions of Australia we advise that we do not hold any authorisations and/or approvals required to provide our services in all or any places or jurisdictions where our website can be accessed.
Commissions and Payments
Students do not pay Elite Colleges for any defined Elite Colleges services. Elite Colleges may receive commission payments from education providers.
Where Elite Colleges provides links to other websites we do so on the basis that we make no assertions as to their accuracy or content and only provide the said links on the basis they maybe of interest to students and prospective students. We take no responsibility whatsoever for the legality or otherwise of linked websites.
Elite Colleges Copyright assertion and Trade marks
Elite Colleges holds the trademark rights to its trading name, logos and any and all owned Elite Colleges materials in either this website or in hardcopy format.
We hold copyright to our website www.elitecolleges.com.au
We agree to your access and use of this website for personal, non-commercial use only and require our copyright notice to be included and acknowledged should you decide to print all of or any part of our website.
Elite Colleges may authorise in writing reproduction of the materials on its website on a specific written request only.
About Elite Colleges